CVE Editorial Board Meeting Announcement - March 30

CVE Editorial Board Meeting Announcement - March 30

Common Vulnerabilities & Exposures
Dear CVE Editorial Board Members,

Thanks to David Waltermire of NIST for taking the initiative in coordinating a CVE Editorial Board discussion. There are a number of important issues that require the Board’s attention. Please forward your issues for discussion to this list or to [hidden email] with the subject line: CVE Editorial Board Meeting 3/30

On the agenda so far:
  • CVE Editorial Board composition and goals
  • DWF
  • Discuss the plans for expanding CVE coverage
  • Other issues brought forward

It is important that the board convene to discuss these critical issues.  MITRE will host the meeting at the McLean facility next Wednesday, 30 March, 1:00 – 5:00 Eastern time, with remote access via Skype for Business or another preferred reasonable alternative.  We hope that for those of you who are local that you can join us in McLean.

An initial draft agenda is being refined and will be posted today.

Best Regards,
The CVE team

Re: CVE Editorial Board Meeting Announcement - March 30

Landfield, Kent B
I hope the agenda will help me understand what this meeting is going to accomplish…

I really don’t want this to become a complaint session. We all understand the problems, what we don’t understand are the reasons and what are the proposed solution options available to fix them.  We will not solve CVE world hunger in 4 hours, especially when most will be remote. We still need to have a Face to Face, multi-day event were we all sit down together and actively and constructively work out the details of how to address the myriad of short term issues while developing a long term federated solution implementation and deployment plan.

Thanks.
---

From: <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> on behalf of Common Vulnerabilities & Exposures <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
Date: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 1:01 PM
To: cve-editorial-board-list <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
Subject: CVE Editorial Board Meeting Announcement - March 30

Dear CVE Editorial Board Members,

Thanks to David Waltermire of NIST for taking the initiative in coordinating a CVE Editorial Board discussion. There are a number of important issues that require the Board’s attention. Please forward your issues for discussion to this list or to [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]> with the subject line: CVE Editorial Board Meeting 3/30

On the agenda so far:

  *   CVE Editorial Board composition and goals
  *   DWF
  *   Discuss the plans for expanding CVE coverage
  *   Other issues brought forward

It is important that the board convene to discuss these critical issues.  MITRE will host the meeting at the McLean facility next Wednesday, 30 March, 1:00 – 5:00 Eastern time, with remote access via Skype for Business or another preferred reasonable alternative.  We hope that for those of you who are local that you can join us in McLean.

An initial draft agenda is being refined and will be posted today.

Best Regards,
The CVE team

RE: CVE Editorial Board Meeting Announcement - March 30

Waltermire, David A.
While I understand we have a lot to work through, having a 4 hour meeting is asking a lot of participants. I am also not sure that we will accomplish more in 4 hours vs 1 or 2 hours. People will need time to process the discussion, so it might be better in the end to have 4 1-hour meetings than 1 4-hour meeting. We might want to consider setting up a regular cadence of concalls over the next few weeks to have an ongoing conversation.

I also don’t think it is productive to pick a date/time out of the air. We have a Doodle poll going to decide on a time to talk. I'd like to suggest that we allow Doodle to speak to the earliest available time to talk. If we want a longer discussion, we can look for the first two consecutive timeslots that work for the largest # of board members from the Doodle poll.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Dave

I think that’s actually a good idea.  We might be better off with a weekly (or something) call to move things forward.  My preference is for the initial meeting to be two hours but I am just suggesting that since I think we have a good number of topics to discuss initially. It would be good if we can focus subsequent each call on a specific area or two so all can come somewhat prepared to participate.
---

On 3/22/16, 4:32 PM, "Waltermire, David A. (Fed)" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>While I understand we have a lot to work through, having a 4 hour meeting is asking a lot of participants. I am also not sure that we will accomplish more in 4 hours vs 1 or 2 hours. People will need time to process the discussion, so it might be better in the end to have 4 1-hour meetings than 1 4-hour meeting. We might want to consider setting up a regular cadence of concalls over the next few weeks to have an ongoing conversation.
>
>I also don’t think it is productive to pick a date/time out of the air. We have a Doodle poll going to decide on a time to talk. I'd like to suggest that we allow Doodle to speak to the earliest available time to talk. If we want a longer discussion, we can look for the first two consecutive timeslots that work for the largest # of board members from the Doodle poll.
>
>Thoughts?
>
>Regards,
>Dave

Could you please send out the means for those of us who are remote to attend?  I do not seem to have that and while I know the meeting is on the 30th. I have no way to attend at present. ;-)

---

The CVE team

RE: CVE Editorial Board Meeting Announcement - March 30

Joe Sain
Kent -

Details are being worked; agenda and remote instructions will be sent out ASAP.

Regards,

Joe