Concern over perception of CVE availability due to coverage document

Concern over perception of CVE availability due to coverage document

Kurt Seifried
So I just ran across this:

"Prior to 2016, Elastic obtained CVE identifiers for security issues. Recent policy changes have made it impossible for us to receive CVE identifiers for all of our products."

Now I don't know for sure if it's due to the product coverage document at https://cve.mitre.org/cve/data_sources_product_coverage.html but I would like to request that it be updated to prominently mention that the DWF (Red Hat for now) will be covering ALL Open Source software. E.g. maybe add an item like

* All remaining Open Source not specifically covered above or in other vendor related lists is covered by the Distributed Weakness Filing project.