[EXT] Re: Discussion items assigned by CVE Board for QWG

[EXT] Re: Discussion items assigned by CVE Board for QWG

Landfield, Kent

All,

I am not sure what the reason this list was mass published to each and every CVE Working Group….This list is not accurate and horribly unorganized totally lacking context as to what is to be discussed.  It was not developed for work assignments. I must have missed the meeting where “The CVE Board has identified discussion items/issues that should be assigned to the working groups for further discussion.”

The list was meant as a pool of conversations the Board needed to have. The purpose of the Future Discussions list is/was to act as a “Parking Lot” for Board conversations. We do too much status on Board calls and not enough discussions on items important to the program, but that is another topic… There are many areas briefly discussed on Board calls where we did not have the time to do a topic justice.  In that case the topic was added to the Future Discussions list (Parking Lot).

Somewhere along the way, MITRE decided to put it into a bulleted form and drop the context.  Then, not sure why, it was reorganized to its current state.  This was not what was discussed initially. We were just going to put it into Ongoing, Future and OBE categories.  That never happened at all.

What is the purpose of duplicating this post across the whole program? Has the purpose of the list changed and if so, to what?  How does the Board keep its future conversations internal until it is time for us to have them?

From: "Bazar, Jo E." <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 11:44 AM
To: CVE Board Quality Working Group <[hidden email]>
Cc: "Coffin, Chris" <[hidden email]>, "Deal, Christine L." <[hidden email]>
Subject: Discussion items assigned by CVE Board for QWG

CAUTION: External email. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hello QWG,

Attached is a list of discussion topics that originated from multiple previous CVE Board meeting calls. The CVE Board has identified discussion items/issues that should be assigned to the working groups for further discussion. So you have full context, I am providing the entire list for your reference.

Respectfully,

Jo Bazar

CVE Team

[hidden email]